» version 3.0 - posted on 2013-01-15
Hyper CSV Data Engine, Performance Enhancements
EULA - End User License Agreement
Collections MAX Freeware License Terms
By downloading and installing Collections MAX, you agree to the following terms concerning usability and liability of the Decca Software Company product.
Collections MAX SYSTEM LICENSE AGREEMENT
BY DOWNLOADING, INSTALLING OR USING THE Collections MAX SYSTEM SOFTWARE (THE "PRODUCT"), THE INDIVIDUAL OR ENTITY LICENSING THE PRODUCT ("LICENSEE") IS CONSENTING TO BE BOUND BY AND IS BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF LICENSEE DOES NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE PRODUCT MUST NOT BE DOWNLOADED, AND LICENSEE MUST NOT INSTALL OR USE THE PRODUCT.
1. LICENSE GRANT. Decca Software Company grants Licensee a non-exclusive and non-transferable license to reproduce and use for personal or internal business purposes the executable code version of the Product, provided any copy must contain all of the original proprietary notices. This license does not entitle Licensee to receive from Decca Software Company hard-copy documentation, technical support, telephone assistance, or enhancements or updates to the Product. Licensee may not customize or redistribute the Product. In the event Licensee wishes to redistribute or sublicense the Product, either for profit or otherwise, Licensee must first obtain written permission from Decca Software Company to do so.
2. RESTRICTIONS. Except as otherwise expressly permitted in this Agreement, Licensee may not: (i) modify or create any derivative works of the Product or documentation, including translation or localization; (ii) decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Product (except to the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restriction); (iii) redistribute, encumber, sell, rent, lease, sublicense, or otherwise transfer rights to the Product; (iv) remove or alter any trademark, logo, copyright or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols or labels in the Product; or (v) publish any results of benchmark tests run on the Product to a third party without Decca Software Company's prior written consent. Product components provided with or as part of the Product may be used only with the Product and not on a standalone basis or with any other product. Product APIs may be used only to develop code to work with the Product.
3. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, Decca Software Company may terminate this Agreement if Licensee breaches any of its terms and conditions. Upon termination, Licensee shall destroy all copies of the Product.
4. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. Title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in the Product shall remain in Decca Software Company and/or its suppliers. Licensee acknowledges such ownership and intellectual property rights and will not take any action to jeopardize, limit or interfere in any manner with Decca Software Company's or its suppliers' ownership of or rights with respect to the Product. The Product is protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and by international treaties. Licensee agrees, at its expense, to defend and hold Decca Software Company and its affiliates harmless from any and all costs, damages and reasonable attorneys' fees resulting from any claim that Licensee's use of the Product has injured or otherwise violated any right of any third party or violates any law.
5. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. THE PRODUCT IS PROVIDED FREE OF CHARGE AND ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE WARRANTIES THAT IT IS FREE OF DEFECTS, MERCHANTABLE, FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGING. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCT IS BORNE BY LICENSEE. SHOULD THE PRODUCT PROVE DEFECTIVE IN ANY RESPECT, LICENSEE AND NOT Decca Software Company OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS ASSUMES THE ENTIRE COST OF ANY SERVICE AND REPAIR. THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY CONSTITUTES AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THIS AGREEMENT. NO USE OF THE PRODUCT IS AUTHORIZED HEREUNDER EXCEPT UNDER THIS DISCLAIMER.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL Decca Software Company OR ITS SUPPLIERS OR RESELLERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF GOODWILL, WORK STOPPAGE, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY AND ALL OTHER COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF, AND REGARDLESS OF THE LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY (CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE) UPON WHICH THE CLAIM IS BASED. IN ANY CASE, Decca Software Company'S ENTIRE LIABILITY UNDER ANY PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED IN THE AGGREGATE THE SUM OF THE FEES LICENSEE PAID FOR THIS LICENSE (IF ANY) AND FEES FOR SUPPORT OF THE PRODUCT RECEIVED BY Decca Software Company UNDER A SEPARATE SUPPORT AGREEMENT (IF ANY), WITH THE EXCEPTION OF DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF Decca Software Company TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE LAW PROHIBITS THE LIMITATION OF DAMAGES IN SUCH CASES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS EXCLUSION AND LIMITATION MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE. Decca Software Company IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF CONTENT PROVIDED BY LICENSEE OR A THIRD PARTY THAT IS ACCESSED THROUGH THE PRODUCT AND/OR ANY MATERIAL LINKED THROUGH SUCH CONTENT.
7. EXPORT CONTROL. Licensee agrees to comply with all export laws and restrictions and regulations of the United States or foreign agencies or authorities, and not to export or re-export the Product or any direct product thereof in violation of any such restrictions, laws or regulations, or without all necessary approvals. As applicable, each party shall obtain and bear all expenses relating to any necessary licenses and/or exemptions with respect to its own export of the Product from the U.S.
8. HIGH RISK ACTIVITIES. The Product is not fault-tolerant and is not designed, manufactured or intended for use or resale as on-line control equipment in hazardous environments requiring fail-safe performance, such as in the operation of nuclear facilities, aircraft navigation or communication systems, air traffic control, direct life support machines, or weapons systems, in which the failure of the Product could lead directly to death, personal injury, or severe physical or environmental damage ("High Risk Activities"). Accordingly, Decca Software Company and its suppliers specifically disclaim any express or implied warranty of fitness for High Risk Activities. Licensee agrees that Decca Software Company and its suppliers will not be liable for any claims or damages arising from the use of the Product in such applications.
9. U.S. GOVERNMENT END USERS. The Product is a "commercial item," as that term is defined in 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct. 1995), consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept. 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users acquire the Product with only those rights set forth herein.
10. MISCELLANEOUS. (a) This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties concerning the subject matter hereof. (b) This Agreement may be amended only by a writing signed by both parties. (c) Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions. (d) Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all disputes relating to this Agreement (excepting any dispute relating to intellectual property rights) shall be subject to final and binding arbitration in Boston, Massachusetts, under the auspices of the American Arbitration Association (AAA), with the losing party paying all costs of arbitration. (e) This Agreement shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. (f) If any provision in this Agreement should be held illegal or unenforceable by a court having jurisdiction, such provision shall be modified to the extent necessary to render it enforceable without losing its intent, or severed from this Agreement if no such modification is possible, and other provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect. (g) A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, shall not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. (h) The provisions of this Agreement which require or contemplate performance after the expiration or termination of this Agreement shall be enforceable notwithstanding said expiration or termination. (i) Licensee may not assign or otherwise transfer by operation of law or otherwise this Agreement or any rights or obligations herein except in the case of a merger or the sale of all or substantially all of Licensee's assets to another entity. (j) This Agreement shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns. (k) Neither party shall be in default or be liable for any delay, failure in performance (excepting the obligation to pay) or interruption of service resulting directly or indirectly from any cause beyond its reasonable control. (l) The relationship between Decca Software Company and Licensee is that of independent contractors and neither Licensee nor its agents shall have any authority to bind Decca Software Company in any way. (l) Decca Software Company may change the terms of this Agreement from time to time. By continuing to use the Product beyond a period of 30 days after notice of such change has been provided on a public website of Decca Software Company or its affiliate for the first time, Licensee signifies its consent to the revised terms.
Submit comments, suggestions, and bug reports to freeware support.